Healthy Homemade Hummus Recipe
There’s nothing like homemade hummus. Whether it’s for personal delight or your contribution for an evening get together with friends or family, hummus is perfect for dipping, healthy and a breeze to make. On top of that, it’s delicious—especially when prepared with Ina Garten’s recipe from FoodNetwork.com. Here’s how to make this easy and healthy hummus recipe:
Gather your ingredients:
- Garlic cloves (4)
- Chickpeas (2 cups canned)
- Kosher salt (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Tahini – sesame paste (1/3 cup)
- Lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Water or liquid from canned chickpeas (2 tablespoons)
- hot sauce (8 dashes)
Follow these simple instructions:
- Turn on your food processor and drop in the garlic—process until minced.
- Slowly work in the other ingredients until the hummus is pureed.
- Give it a taste! See if it needs any more salt or hot sauce.
- Chilled and room temperature are both delicious, but enjoy based on your preference.
Enjoy and share!
If you want to stick with the Mediterranean food theme, try the healthy and delicious Middle Eastern vegetable salad recipe we’ve posted previously on our Furnished Quarters blog, At Home . Want to see other types of recipes like desserts or comfort foods on our blog? Tweet us @FurnishedQ with your suggestions.