Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Looking for some unique ideas to spend with your Valentine this weekend?We have listed our top 5 picks for NYC and Boston.
Furnished Quarters’ NYC Top 5 Valentine’s Day Ideas:
1. Romance Under the Stars – Friday, February 14 at 6 and 9:30pm
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a unique experience at the Hayden Planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. There will be a cocktail hour with open bar, champagne and hors d’oeuvres, and music performed by the Josh Rutner Quartet. Sit back and enjoy a view of the night sky.
2. Ice Skating at Central Park- Friday – Sunday, February 16, Times Vary
Central Park is one of the most romantic places in the world. Take a stroll through the park and ice skate for a very romantic winter night. Rent skates or bring your own. To reach Wollman Rink, enter park at 59th Street and 6th Ave. Lasker Rink is located mid-park when you enter at 110th and Lenox Ave.
3. Chocolate Tour- Friday – Sunday, February 16, Times vary
Take a Chocolate Tour of New York and stroll through some of New York’s most decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers. There will be 8 tastings included and you can try everything from salty caramels, dark chocolate almond bark, chocolate macaroons and more!
4. Valentine’s Day with wine and cheese – Friday, February 14, 5-11pm
Take your Valentine to Ardesia for a special night. Chef Casaus has prepared a cheese trio including “Love at Mast”- a triple cream cheese layered with Mast Brothers chocolate. They will be offering special bubbly to compliment the cheeses. Ardesia is located at 510 West 52nd Street.
5. Couples Night Out, Saturday-Sunday, February 15 – 16 at 6 -10pm
Savor wine and chocolate pairings for a night of fun. Enjoy a romantic dinner with cozy candlelit tables covered in rose petals. Finish your evening with Jacques Torres famous chocolate truffles compliments of Ayza. Choose from 2 locations, Ayza Midtown and Ayza West Village.
FQ’s Top 5 Boston Valentine’s Day Ideas:
1. An Evening of Chocolate and Wine, Friday, February 14 at 6pm
Don’t miss Boston Chocolate School’s special Valentine’s Day event: An Evening of Chocolate and Wine featuring a 5 sample gourmet chocolate and wine tasting with special guest, Lia Sophia. You’ll learn how to expertly pair wine and chocolate. There will also be a jewelry raffle. The event is located at Forum at 755 Boylston St.
2. Live Jazz and Cocktails at the Bee Hive, Friday – Sunday, February 14 – 16, Times vary
The Beehive in Boston’s South End is hosting a weekend long Valentine’s Day celebration: Four Days of Lovin. Featuring inspired dishes from Executive Chef Marc Orfaly, signature cocktail specials and live jazz performances. The event is located at 541 Tremont St.
3. Romantic cruise around the Boston Harbor, Friday-Saturday, February 14 – 15, Times vary
Take a romantic cruise aboard the Odyssey around the Boston Harbor. Enjoy dinner and dancing, a champagne toast, live entertainment and complimentary roses on Valentine’s Day. There will also be brunch and dinner options for Saturday.
4. Casablanca at Brattle Theatre in Harvard Square, Friday-Saturday, February 14-15, Times vary
Take your valentine to Brattle Theatre to see a screening of the 1942 classic film, Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz and featuring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman as star-crossed lovers. http://brattlefilm.org/2014/02/14/casablanca-15/
5. Ice Skate at Frog Pond, Friday- Sunday, February 14 – 16, Times vary
Enjoy a fun time ice skating at Frog Pond in Boston Common. You can bring your own skates or rent them. Grab a hot chocolate at Frog Pond Café.